Chicken Nachos with White BBQ Sauce are going to become your game day staple! They are easy to make, especially since the ingredient list is short — but they’re not short on flavor. I love using rotisserie chicken for a recipe because it just makes life so much easier!
If you hear the term “white BBQ sauce,” it is most likely referring to Alabama BBQ sauce. This type of sauce is no ordinary BBQ sauce! This is a vinegar-based sauce, but, where most sauces are rooted in tomatoes, this sauce is made with mayo! In this recipe, I swap out most of the mayonnaise for plain, non-fat Greek yogurt. It has more protein and is tangy, just like a good BBQ sauce should be!
Chicken Nachos with White Alabama BBQ Sauce
- 15 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried cumin
1 tsp dried paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup white vinegar
3 tsp water
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup pinto beans
- To begin, place a skillet over medium heat, add a splash of olive oil. Place shredded chicken in the hot skillet and season it with thyme, oregano, paprika, cumin, and salt, tossing to coat. Heat just until the chicken is slightly crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to broil on low.
- Arrange tortilla chips in an even layer on a baking sheet. Spread the seasoned chicken over the tortilla chips, layering in between if you can.
- Sprinkle pinto beans over the chips along with the Monterey Jack cheese. Place the nachos in the oven and heat for about 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted (cook time may vary depending on your oven).
- While the nachos are heating, prepare your sauce. In a bowl, whisk together the mayo, Greek yogurt, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to taste.
- When the cheese has melted on the nachos, remove and top with pickled jalapenos, cilantro, red onion, and feta cheese. Serve the nachos with BBQ sauce on the side for dipping, or place dollops of the sauce on top!