Grilled Fruit Pizza
by Lemons for Lulu
An oatmeal cookie crust is the base for this Grilled Fruit Pizza. The crust is slightly sweet, which is provides the perfect balance to the sweet, grilled fruit. A creamy yogurt topping pulls everything together!
A fruit pizza must have three components — a “crust,” a creamy topping and fresh fruit. These components can vary in so many ways. The crust can be pizza dough, a sugar cookie crust, crescent roll dough, pie crust, puff pastry or oatmeal cookie dough as I have done here.
For the frosting, you will use two 8 ounce packages of non-fat Greek yogurt cream cheese spread and a half cup of plain Greek yogurt, along with powdered sugar.
I love using Greek yogurt. It’s easy to lighten up recipes like dips, dressings and salads by using Greek yogurt. Replace Greek yogurt for higher-calorie ingredients like oils, mayonnaise and creams. It adds creaminess and tang, too! Adding Greek yogurt to recipes doesn’t sacrifice flavor, but it does add protein. This added protein can help prevent unnecessary snacking and over-eating!
I chose to use tropical fruits, like mangos, pineapples, white peaches and strawberries as my fruit topping. The fruits were cut, then lightly grilled to bring out their natural sweetness and juices. Feel free to play around with the fruits! Nectarines, plums, mandarin oranges and apricots would taste fantastic too!
You can make fruit pizza up to one day ahead of time and store it (tightly covered) in the refrigerator. Store leftovers for up to three days. If you are preparing in advance, I would suggest storing the fruit separately, then topping the pizza with the fruit just before serving. This will prevent the fruit juices from “leaking” and coloring your cream cheese topping.
- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 24 servings
Grilled Fruit Pizza
1 cup softened butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup oats
2 8-ounce packages Greek yogurt cream cheese spread
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pineapple, peaches, mangos and strawberries, grilled for 2-3 minutes and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a pizza or baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, flour and oats, stirring until combined. Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the crust and allow it to cool completely.
- Heat a grill pan or an outdoor grill over medium low heat. Arrange cut fruit on the pan and grill for 1-2 minute or until soft. Remove and set aside to cool.
- For the filling, cream together the Greek cream cheese spread, Greek yogurt and powdered sugar. Stir in the vanilla.
- Spread the filling over the cooled cookie.
- Top with fruit just before serving.