Sweeten up any meal with these Dessert Pizza Pinwheels.
Adding cream cheese not only makes dessert taste even sweeter, but it may help children eat more fruit. Try sprinkling kids’ favorite fruits, such as strawberries, kiwis, peaches and blueberries, atop the cream cheese “sauce” to create a fruity pizza, all rolled up in a tortilla.
Dessert Pizza Pinwheels
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Fresh fruit (strawberries, kiwis, peaches, and blueberries shown), thinly sliced
- 12 large flour tortillas
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Thinly spread 2-3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on each tortilla. Arrange fruit on top, and roll lengthwise into a tight roll. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours before slicing.
- Cut each roll into 3-4 servings. Place a toothpick through before serving for easy snacking.