Easily prep lunches with these delicious, easy-to-make Ham and Cheese Pinwheels with Homemade Ranch Dip! These are so easy-peasy to make:
1. Take some slices of turkey ham, American cheese and a whole-wheat low-carb tortilla.
2. Wrap it all up, cut it into 5 pinwheels, pack it up with a side of our Ranch Dip, some carrots and fruit and BOOM!
3. Lunch is served.
Speaking of, do you know what makes the “perfect” meal prep bowl? Let me explain. Basically, and overall, you want to consider foods that are healthy and include all five food groups in the container — dairy, protein, grains, fruits and veggies …homemade ranch dip…
As in, homemade ranch dip with yogurt. Yogurt is made of milk and 8 ounces of lowfat plain yogurt contains around 400 mg of calcium. It is also high in protein, which is great for maintaining energy throughout the day.
Eating nutrient-dense foods from the major food groups in recommended proportions, and remaining within your daily calorie limit, helps you plan healthier meals that offer a healthy lifestyle. Starting with these Ham and Cheese Pinwheels Meal Prep with Homemade Ranch Dip.
The pinwheels also make delicious party appetizers, tailgate bites and after-school snacks!
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels with Homemade Ranch Dip
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels:
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat, low carb flour tortillas
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices turkey ham
- Veggies and fruits
- 24 baby carrots
- 4 apples
- Place yogurt and sour cream in a mixing bowl; add garlic powder, onion powder, dill, chives, salt, and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Place cheese and turkey ham in center of each tortilla.
- Bring the bottom edge of the tortilla tightly over the ham and cheese, folding in the sides.
- Tightly roll up the tortilla, then cut in sixths.
- Evenly divide up the pinwheels among 4 meal prep containers.
- Place 2 tablespoons of ranch dip in 4 small containers with a lid and place inside the meal prep containers.
- Include carrots and apples.
- Close with a lid and refrigerate.