Skillet meals are my best friend for busy weeks. Meals like this Skillet White Chicken Lasagna are tried-and-true quick fix meals that do not disappoint. Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese make the white sauce extra rich and creamy, while cutting a few calories. Greek yogurt is a no-guilt way to thicken up sauces and add a blast of protein and calcium!
Every minute counts when everyone comes home hungry. This lasagna takes five minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook, so dinner will be on the table in no time! To shave off a few moments, I boiled my egg noodles in milk instead of water, and I used a rotisserie chicken to keep things simple.
I added mushrooms and spinach for a vitamin boost, too! I sprinkled in the spinach just before serving to make sure it stayed fresh. If you have picky eaters, mixing fresh veggies with cheese is a great way to make sure they get those extra nutrients, too!
Just trust me when I say this lasagna will quickly be added to your dinner rotation.
Skillet White Chicken Lasagna
- 5 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 35 minutes
- 6-8 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 16 oz package wide egg noodles
- 3 cups whole milk
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- In a deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes or just until they begin to turn translucent; stir in mushrooms. Cook another 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to soften, stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove mushroom mixture and set aside.
- Add whole milk (whole milk works, as it combines with the starch from the pasta to make a creamy sauce) and chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Once the milk begins to boil add egg noodles. Reduce heat. Cook egg noodles according to package directions, stirring often to prevent milk from spilling over or from scorching.
- Continue to cook noodles until liquid has been reduced and the milk begins to thicken.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the yogurt, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Stir yogurt into the pasta until it is fully combined. Add in mushroom mixture and chicken. Cook for another minute or two or just until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Remove pasta from heat and stir in spinach. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.