Peppermint Cheesecake Oreo Brownies will put a smile on your face this holiday season, with layers of homemade brownies, holiday cookies, and peppermint cheesecake. Do not forget the swirl of peppermint whipped cream because it adds just the right touch of holiday love!
One of my absolute favorite ways to add dairy to our diet is in the form of cheesecake. These fun cheesecake bars staring back at you have three times the dairy goodness in them. That’s right, I included cream cheese Greek yogurt, and heavy whipping cream in every bite!
The sweet bars start with a double batch of homemade chocolate brownies topped with Oreo cookies. I wanted the cookies to really stand out, so I bought the holiday cookies with red frosting.
For the cheesecake layer, I beat together a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, yogurt and extracts. To give it even more peppermint goodness, I melted down some white chocolate peppermint chunks and beat that into the cheesecake batter along with some eggs.
Before you add your cheesecake batter to the pan, make sure to press the cookies down into the brownie batter until they are even. As these peppermint cheesecake Oreo brownies bake, the cookies will start to float up and allow the brownies to bake through the cheesecake layer. Start with the cookies pushed down, so it will keep this from happening. Too much anyway.
I did have a few spots around the edges of my brownies where you could see a bubble of brownie mixture baked through the top. Don’t worry if this happens because they still taste amazing!
The pan of these fun Christmas brownies didn’t stand a chance in our fridge. One by one, these little squares of peppermint goodness disappeared. I guess it’s time to bake another batch of brownies. I’m feeling the need for more dairy today. Wink, wink!
If you’re looking for more holiday inspired desserts your friends and family will love, try my White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Dip!
Peppermint Cheesecake Oreo Brownies
- 25 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 24 cheesecake brownies
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 24 holiday Oreo cookies
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/3 cup white peppermint baking chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1 batch peppermint whipped cream
- Peppermint candy pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil. Spray it with nonstick baking spray.
- Mix together the melted butter and cocoa powder.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together. Add the vanilla, salt, and butter mixture and beat again.
- Slowly add the flour and baking powder until mixed in. Spread in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place the Oreo cookies on top of the batter side by side.
- Using a clean bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the yogurt and extracts and beat again.
- Place the white peppermint chunks in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. If needed, heat an additional 15-20 seconds and stir again until creamy.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate into the cheesecake batter and beat until mixed in.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Do not over beat the batter.
- Press the Oreo cookies down into the brownie batter gently. Spoon the cheesecake batter slowly on top of the cookies. Spread the batter out and bake for 45-48 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack. After 5 minutes, use a butter knife to gently loosen the brownies from the edge of the foil. Let cool in the pan for 1 hour, then refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Serve the brownies with the peppermint whipped cream and extra peppermint pieces. Makes 24 brownies.
I tried to make this tonight but the middle didn’t cook, the outside we’re almost burning but the middle was pretty much completely liquid. Why did I do wrong?
Hello Iris! We are sorry that the recipe did not turn out perfectly for you! Did you use a 9×13-inch pan and cook at 350 degrees? Some baking times may vary depending on the oven, as well. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
-Tristen, ADA Mideast Communications Specialist