Set the slow cooker overnight and wake up to this amazing Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole, loaded with hash browns, cheese, sausage, and eggs. It’s perfect for holiday mornings or whenever you are hosting a big crowd.
I love breakfast casseroles, I love a good brunch, and I love my family and friends. And I really LOVE a reunion with family and friends around the table when we get to parttake in such brunches.
Cooking with milk is an easy way to add calcium and add all those other essential nutrients to holiday dishes. In this breakfast casserole, I included 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup half-and-half, some cheese and more cheeses.
You guys, this breakfast recipe really is one of the BEST! You put all the ingredients in before you go to bed, set your slow cooker on low, and wake up to FOOD! And, what really makes it all come together is topping it off with a generous sprinkle of more cheese, green onions and tomatoes.
The simplicity of putting this together will probably make you want to run to your slow cooker at this very moment and get it going. All you have to do is layer hash browns on the bottom of your slow cooker, sprinkle some sundried tomatoes over them and follow up with diced up sausage links or brown up some beef, if you want the extra work. Then, you’ll whip up some eggs and milk, pour that over the taters and cheese, cover and let it do its thing while you sleep.
If you’re looking for more cheesy meals the whole family will love, try my Creamy Ricotta Spinach & Chicken Cannelloni!
Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 15 minutes
- 6 hours 40 minutes
- 6 hours 55 minutes
- 10 servings
- 2 to 3 russet potatoes, peeled and shredded (you can also use a 20-ounce bag of refrigerated/frozen hash browns - you do not need to thaw them out)
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
- 10 cooked mild breakfast links turkey sausage, sliced into coins
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Spray slow cooker with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer shredded potatoes or hash browns on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle top of potatoes with half of shredded mozzarella cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, sausage links, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, half & half, and milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in dried basil, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Whisk until completely combined.
- Pour egg mixture over prepared hash browns and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, OR on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with green onions and tomatoes. Serve!
Looks delicious. Sure need to keep this recipe because I like love slow cooking.