With packing lunches, sports schedules, after-school activities and everything else, quick, easy dinners are essential during the school year, if they weren’t already.
This Creamy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese is super creamy and loaded with lots of cheese. It is pure comfort food that you can have on the table in about 30 minutes. Great for busy nights, and leftovers are equally delicious packed for lunch the next day. Plus, you are getting dairy’s nine essential nutrients, including 8 grams of high-quality protein.
Try this mac and cheese today, and you will not be disappointed. It is made on the stove top and is ready in no time. Enjoy a dairy-packed comfort food meal as a family, even on busy weeknights! It will warm you right up at fall tailgate parties or holiday get-togethers, too.
Creamy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup good quality Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound elbow noodles, cooked according to the package directions
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk for 5-6 minutes until golden in color. Slowly whisk in the whole milk. Mix in salt, pepper and dried mustard. Continue to whisk until thick and bubbling.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and completely smooth.
- Add cooked macaroni and crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.