Remember that feeling of anticipation when you opened up your lunchbox in the school cafeteria, hoping that Mom had packed something tasty? I wish these Cheesy Pizza Pinwheels were inside!
Recently, I wanted to try something new for my kids’ lunches. Instead of spinning my wheels, I rolled out a new twist on a tried-and-true family favorite: Pizza.
Our family loves eating pizza, so I incorporated those flavors into a fun pinwheel. I love adding Greek yogurt and shredded cheese to the cream cheese “sauce” for an extra boost of protein! With three growing kids who always seem to be hungry, I’m always looking for new ways to sneak in protein. I rolled in some fresh veggies, too.
These pinwheels are great finger foods for kids of all ages. There is just something about bite-sized foods that make them so much fun to eat! Try making these ahead to pack in lunches or serve as after-school snacks. Or, this is one of the easiest appetizers you can bring to cookouts and tailgate parties! Everyone will be munching away.
Cheesy Pizza Pinwheels
- 45 minutes
- 24 pinwheels
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup diced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup canned diced
- Italian style tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 3 tortilla shells
- Combine the cream cheese, yogurt, oregano and garlic powder. Stir until creamy. Stir in the shredded cheeses. Spread the cheese mixture evenly on the 3 tortilla shells.
- Evenly sprinkle the olives, green peppers, and tomatoes over the cheese mixture. Top each tortilla with a layer of pepperoni. Gently roll the tortillas up tightly, making sure everything stays inside.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Take off the plastic wrap and cut each tortilla into 8 pinwheels. Serve with toothpicks if desired.
Recipe originally appeared on Inside BruCrew Life.