by Ohio State Fair Cheesecake Contest
An Ohio State Fair award-winning Buckeye Cheesecake is a delicious twist on Ohio’s favorite candy—buckeyes! No sweeter way to cheer on the Ohio State Buckeyes. You don’t have to be a Buckeye to savor every bite of this rich, creamy peanut butter and chocolate brownie cheesecake. It’s easy to see why it scored big points with the judges!
1 (8x8-inch pan size) package brownie mix
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spoon batter in 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 20 minutes. Cool and reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add melted peanut butter, chips, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour filling over baked brownie. Place pan in a large baking pan with 1-inch hot water (keeps brownie from overbaking).
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Turn oven off; remove baking pan with water. Let cheesecake cool in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; chill 1 hour.
- Remove side from springform pan.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with shortening; stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate glaze over top and sides of cheesecake. Chill 3 hours. Garnish as desired.