No-Bake Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake Parfaits
by Inside BruCrew Life
Chocolate and peanut butter is my kryptonite. No matter how hard I try to resist this dessert combo, I cannot do it. I dare you to say “no” to these No-Bake Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake Parfaits. With layers of peanut butter, cookie crumbs and fudge, they will just keep calling your name from the fridge.
These cheesecake treats are the perfect mini-dessert for parties, served in little 5 ounce cups for easy snacking. Ohioans love their Buckeyes, and this twist on the classic chocolate and peanut butter candy recipe will be a hit at tailgates, too. No-bake treats are also nice for the holidays and leave the oven open for others to use!
When I sampled these from the American Dairy Association Mideast booth at BlogHer Food 2016, 100 of them were gobbled up within an hour. So, be sure to save one for yourself!
- 20 minutes
- 8 servings
No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake Parfaits
12 Oreo cookies
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar + 1/3 cup, divided
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 cups quartered mini Reese's peanut butter cups
1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse until the cookies are crumbs. Reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and beat again. Add the peanut butter, salt and vanilla, and beat until creamy again.
- In a clean, chilled mixing bowl beat the heavy cream and remaining powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 2 cups of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup of the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of cookie crumbs into the bottom of eight 5 ounce shot glasses. Top with a large teaspoon of the peanut butter cheesecake. Tap the glasses to even out the mixture. Divide the remaining crumbs into the glasses. Spoon the remaining cheesecake on top of the crumbs. Tap the glasses again to settle the ingredients evenly.
- Place the hot fudge in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 15 seconds. Spoon the hot fudge evenly on the tops of the parfaits.
- Pipe the remaining whipped cream on top of each parfait and top with the reserved crumbs and remaining peanut butter cups.