The end of the school year is here! Every year, we celebrate the last day of school by heading straight to our favorite ice cream shop! The kids enjoy their ice cream with a newfound zeal. They feel liberated and excited about all that summer has to offer. This is the time where we map out our summer bucket list and talk about what we love about summer.
This year, I think I’m going to skip the ice cream shop and treat the kids to tall glasses of homemade milkshakes instead. Homemade milkshakes are THE BEST! They are easy and the possibilities are endless.
This Moose Tracks Milkshake starts with lots of vanilla ice cream, cold milk, a little peanut butter, lots of peanut butter cups and a generous amount of hot fudge sauce! Moose Tracks ice cream is a favorite of ours; this milkshake didn’t just taste like our favorite ice cream, it was better. It was cool, creamy, ultra rich and delicious! I think milkshakes might be our new end of the school year tradition!
A few tips: I used a generous amount of ice cream in my shake because we like our shakes to be thick. You can easily add more milk if you like your shake a little thinner. I used 2% milk because that is what we drink. Feel free to use what you have on-hand.
Moose Tracks Milkshake
- 6-8 generous scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6-8 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons hot fudge sauce
- Whipped cream
- Peanut butter cups for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients, up to the hot fudge sauce, in a blender. Blend just until mixed, adding more milk or ice cream to achieve the desired consistency.
- Place 1 tablespoon of hot fudge sauce in the bottom of two tall glasses; pour half of the milkshake into each glass. Add another tablespoon of hot fudge sauce to each glass. Divide remaining milkshake between the two glasses and add the final two tablespoons of fudge sauce to each glass.
- Garnish shakes with whipped cream and extra peanut butter cups, if desired.