In my house, we love cauliflower, especially when it is grilled. It gets tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, with just the right amount of char. Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Yogurt Tahini Sauce are grilled to perfection! You will love the smoky flavor and crispy outer layer of the cauliflower. The tender inside soaks in the flavors of the za’atar and olive oil.
The cauliflower steaks are finished off with a tangy yogurt tahini sauce and a good sprinkling of feta cheese. The yogurt tahini sauce also works nicely on meats and seafood!
Can’t get enough cauliflower? You’ll love my Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole. Try lower-carb Mashed Cauliflower Casserole with Cheese & Bacon and Cauliflower Pizza with Greek Yogurt Pesto & Grilled Veggies, too.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Yogurt Tahini Sauce
- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
For the Cauliflower Steaks
2 large heads cauliflower
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + more for the grill
1 lemon, juiced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 to 2 teaspoons za'atar or sumac (optional)
1 tsp kosher salt
dash of pepper
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
fresh parsley, chopped
For the Yogurt Tahini Sauce
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tsp tahini
1 tsp lemon juice
dash of salt and pepper
- Remove all the outer leaves that are on each of the cauliflower heads. Cut off the stem at the bottom of each cauliflower.
- You want the cauliflower to stand up on a flat base when set down.
- Set each cauliflower head on its base. Cut the sides off the cauliflower. Cut the rest of the cauliflower into 3 medium-sized steaks. You want them to be large enough, so they stay intact on the grill.
- In a medium bowl, mix the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, za'atar or sumac (optional).
- Heat a grill to medium (about 350 degrees F).
- Place the cauliflower steaks on a large cutting board or two large plates. Brush each side of the cauliflower with the olive oil mixture and sprinkle and dash of salt and pepper on each side.
- Set the cauliflower steaks on the grill and close the grill.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes on each side. You want the cauliflower to just begin to char and become tender.
- Remove from the grill and sprinkle feta cheese and fresh parsley on the cauliflower steaks.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Drizzle the yogurt tahini sauce over the cauliflower steaks. Enjoy!
The yogurt tahini sauce would be a great sauce to drizzle on grilled chicken, steak, salmon or shrimp.