Whatever happened to the lazy days of summer? It seems like our summer days are busier than ever. It happens to be a lot of fun stuff, but they are packed full! Trips to the pool, playing with friends, the park, camps, movies and more.
So, when dinner time rolls around, the last thing I want to do is spend time in the kitchen. Which is why I love this Yogurt Marinated Chicken. I can prep it during the day, and have it waiting for me at night.
The Greek yogurt adds extra protein and essential nutrients so I can feel good about dinner. Six ounces of Greek yogurt typically contains 14–17 grams of protein. It adds creaminess and tang, too! Do you know the difference between Greek and regular yogurt?
The lemon in the marinade makes the chicken light, bright and gives it tons of flavor. Perfect to throw on the grill at the end of a hot day!
Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano or Greek seasoning blend
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Mix together yogurt, olive oil, garlic, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken and yogurt mixture to a zip top plastic bag. Massage the chicken and make sure that everything is well-coated. Place in fridge for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from grill and serve topped with parsley and lemon wedges on the side.