This rich and creamy Instant Pot Vegetable Mac and Cheese is loaded with vegetables and mixed with three kinds of cheese and milk to create a creamy sauce. Making meals in a pressure cooker not only saves time but also makes clean-up so easy!
The Instant Pot really does so many things and is a great appliance to have in your kitchen if you, like me, have limited time to cook meals. With three boys under the age of six, I am all about shortcuts and quick, healthy meals. For an easy grab-and-go breakfast, try my no-bake Overnight Triple Berry Oatmeal.
This mac and cheese doesn’t just taste delicious. It also is packed with protein and essential nutrients kids need to build strong bones and bodies. One serving of milk, cheese or yogurt provides 8 grams of high-quality protein and a powerful package of nine essential nutrients.
You can have this comforting dish on the table in less than 30 minutes and feel good feeding it to your family!
Instant Pot Vegetable Mac & Cheese
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 8-10 servings
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 16 ounces medium pasta (I like using elbow macaroni)
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into four small pieces
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups small frozen vegetables (I used mixed vegetables)
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Put the broth (or water), pasta, butter, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker and give it a good stir until everything is mixed. Seal the lid and set the Instant Pot to Manual for 4 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot or pressure cooker is done cooking, do a quick release. Once all the steam has been released, unplug the Instant Pot and slowly remove the lid making sure to keep the lid facing away from you and using a towel or oven mitt.
- Stir in the milk, cheese and the frozen vegetables until combined. Seal the lid back on and let the mac and cheese sit for 4-5 minutes, or until the frozen vegetables are soft.
- Serve warm with fresh parsley to garnish.
- You can use whatever small vegetables you want. I like to use frozen because they quickly cook once you re-seal the Instant Pot. If you don’t like mixed vegetables, small corn and peas work great.
- I like to use whole milk to create a more flavorful, rich mac and cheese, but you can use whatever kind of cow’s milk you want.
- For cheese, I like to use a variety mixed together but, once again, this is a preference as to what cheese you like in your mac and cheese. Sometimes, I will try adding asiago or even a smoked gouda for a little different variation.
- If you like a little crunch with your mac and cheese, sprinkle panko breadcrumbs on top before serving.
- This makes a good portion of macaroni and cheese. You can easily cut this recipe in half if you have a small family or don’t want a lot of leftovers.
what do they all cost together
Hello, great question! Depending on where you grocery shop, the ingredients alltogether will most likely cost around $20, however, many of these ingredients are ones that people already have on hand in their kitchen.
-Tristen, ADA Mideast Communications Specialist