We seem to be busier than ever on weekends. And, while it’s easy to eat healthy at home during the week, sticking to a healthy diet while visiting friends and family can be difficult. You never know WHAT is going to be served!
I always offer to bring a healthy snack whenever possible. My favorite go-to dip is this Avocado Bean Dip. It’s packed with flavor AND it’s also good for you!
Hidden between the layers of beans and avocado is a delicious filling of Greek yogurt and cottage cheese! No better way to fit in one of those three servings of dairy you need every day. And I never leave with leftovers; this dip goes fast!
Serve it with pretzels or fresh veggies for a no-guilt snack!
Healthy Avocado Bean Dip
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cranks fresh black pepper
6 drops Tabasco sauce
- Combine refried beans with 1 teaspoon cumin. Spread in the bottom of a pie plate.
- In food processor, combine Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, avocado, 1 teaspoon cumin, salt, pepper and Tabasco. Process for several minutes until smooth and creamy. Add more salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste at this point. Spread creamy avocado mixture of the refried beans.
- Top with shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.