Discover this elevated take on the viral butter board trend! Combine fig butter, honey, flakey sea salt, blue cheese and arugula with high quality butter to create a sweet and savory board that is sure to impress any guest or take your at-home date night to the next level.
Follow the simple steps below to build your own!
Fig and Butter Board
¼- ½ cup high-quality salted butter
4-6 tbsp fig butter
1 tbsp honey
½ tsp flakey sea salt
2-3 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
¼ cup arugula, roughly chopped
Baguette and crackers to serve with
- Start with cold or room temperature butter. Cold butter can be whipped in a food processor or mixer for several minutes until fluffy, scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Room temperature butter does not need to be whipped.
- Use a spoon or knife to spread butter onto a board or plate. Then add 4-6 dollops of fig butter and swirl with a spoon.
- Drizzle with honey, sprinkle with sea salt and top with a generous handful of blue cheese.
- Roughly chop arugula and sprinkle over top.
- Serve immediately with chopped bread or savory crackers.
- Fig butter or jam can be replaced with any type of fruit spread: blackberry, orange marmalade, raspberry etc.
- For texture and crunch, lightly toast nuts such as walnuts or pecans, finely chop and sprinkle over top.
- Blue cheese gives a sharp contrast of savory and salty flavor against the sweetness of the jam and honey. Try substituting with a crumbled sharp white cheddar or gorgonzola.
- The above board is medium-sized and used ¼ cup butter, which could serve 3-4 people. For a larger board, use a full ½ cup butter.