Burrata Toast is perfect for snacking or breakfast! If you’re craving savory, make the avocado toast version, and, if you’re in the mood for sweet, the strawberry toast will hit the spot!
Burrata is an Italian cow’s milk cheese. The exterior resembles fresh mozzarella, but once you tear it open, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find a filling comprised of Stracciatella and cream.
Burrata has a rich buttery flavor and can be served as an appetizer, on top of pasta or salads or in the case of today’s recipes, on top of toast.
A few tasty variation ideas:
- Instead of chili flakes, sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on top of the avocado version.
- Mash the avocado instead of slicing it and stir in the lemon juice.
- For the sweet version, use any type of berry and drizzle with honey instead of balsamic glaze. If you like salty sweet combinations, add a pinch of sea salt.
- For a sweet and savory version add both avocado and strawberries on top of the burrata. Drizzle balsamic glaze and sprinkle on sea salt and chili flakes.
- 7 minutes
- 3 minutes
- 10 minutes
2 slices sourdough bread
4 ounces burrata, room temperature is best
1/4 avocado, peeled and sliced
2 strawberries, hulled and sliced
Fresh basil, balsamic glaze, sea salt and red pepper flakes
- Toast the bread until golden brown.
- Pat the balls of burrata dry with a paper towel and then rip them open and arrange on top of the toast.
- For the avocado toast, squeeze lemon juice over the slices of avocado and then arrange them on top of the toast. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and red pepper flakes.
- For the strawberry toast, arrange the sliced strawberries on top of the burrata. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle on chopped fresh basil.