This easier Baked Feta recipe is the perfect appetizer for a crowd. A block of cow’s milk feta cheese is baked with cherry tomatoes, olive oil and fresh herbs. You will love the creamy, tangy feta paired with the sweet tomatoes. Serve with crostini, baguette or pita chips!
I suggest using a block of feta in brine when making this recipe. Drain the brine and rub the feta with a small amount of olive oil. You could also use crumbled feta cheese, but I suggest whipping the feta in a mixer for about two minutes and spreading it in a baking dish next to the tomatoes.
I find that using cherry tomatoes works best in this recipe, but you can use any tomatoes you like. If you use larger tomatoes, I suggest chopping them, so they are easier to eat with the dip.
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 35 minutes
3 tbsp extra virgin olive, divided
8-oz block of cow's milk feta cheese in brine (do not crumble)
Salt and pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh parsley
2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cherry tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes to an oven safe dish.
- Nestle the block of feta cheese into the tomatoes.
- Brush the feta with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, making sure to cover it completely.
- Sprinkle the dried oregano, basil, thyme, crushed red pepper and lemon zest over the feta and tomatoes.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tomatoes are just starting to burst and the feta is warm.
- Remove and add the fresh parsley and oregano. Serve warm with crostini, baguette or pita chips.
Notes: You can put the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. When reheating, put back in an oven safe dish and slowly heat in the oven until warm.