Classroom celebrations provide opportunities for students to make healthy choices and practice good nutrition. It’s a way for parents and teachers to work together to promote healthy eating while having fun.
What are the benefits of healthy classroom celebrations?
- Good nutrition is directly linked to better student behavior and academic performance.
- Healthy classroom celebrations demonstrate a school commitment to promoting healthy choices.
- It creates excitement for students to try new and different things, including healthy snacks.
- Celebrating in a healthy way is a lesson that lasts a lifetime.
How can parents promote healthy food choices at school?
- Include nutrient-rich foods from several food groups when sending a snack with your child to school or when helping provide the food for a classroom party.
- Be creative. Presentation is key — healthy treats will be enjoyed if you offer them in an attractive way and with a fun attitude.
- Be a role model by promoting healthy snacking and eating at home.
- Involve your children in planning school lunches and snacks.