We always have ice cream at my house. My husband’s favorite kind is vanilla, and I like some chocolate and cookies mixed into my ice cream. These Mint Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Pops are a healthy compromise, with less sugar than ice cream and an extra scoop of protein.
I have Greek yogurt as a snack every day at work. I choose Greek yogurt because it’s high in protein, averaging twice as much as traditional yogurt. It keeps me full all morning until lunchtime rolls around!
I use creamy vanilla Greek yogurt and milk in these easy pops — it’s the tastiest double-dose of dairy you’ll get all day!
These minty green pops are a cool dessert on a hot summer day, a sweet afternoon treat or a healthier dessert option little kids and big kids alike will love. Keep your freezer stocked because once you try a pop, you won’t be able to stop!
Mint Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Pops
- 1 cup lowfat or fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- green food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup chocolate
- Magic Shell, optional
6 popsicle sticks
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, Greek yogurt, vanilla, peppermint extract.
- Add in green coloring to your desired shade of green. Whisk it into the mixture until it's evenly mixed in. Pour the mixture into a popsicle mold. Sprinkle the tops of the pops with the mini chocolate chips, some will settle through while the pops freeze. If you would like additional chips mixed in, mix in a few additional mini chocolate chips using the popsicle sticks. Place sticks in the pops to freeze.
- Place the pops in the freezer for 5 hours or longer to freeze solid. When ready to serve, run the base of the molds under hot water briefly and while grasping the sticks, wiggle the pops out of the mold.
- Dip or drizzle the pops in to the chocolate Magic Shell. Serve immediately.
This recipe originally appeared on Country Cleaver.