Popsicles for breakfast — why not? These Milk and Cereal Breakfast Popsicles are full of Greek yogurt, milk, cereal and bananas so you’ll feel great about serving them up any morning!
My son’s favorite sweet treat is a frozen, fruity ice pop. As soon as the weather turns warm, he starts asking for them morning, noon and night. Since I’m always looking for ways to increase his protein intake, I created these Milk and Cereal Breakfast Popsicles. Easily customizable, we serve these all summer long!
Mornings can be busy in our house, so keeping on-the-go, portable healthy options on-hand helps make sure my kids fit in a healthy breakfast. Breakfast builds strong bodies, provides fuel for school, and boosts brain power, and it is important kids don’t skip out on the most important meal of the day. These colorful pops are also a fun breakfast for picky eaters, too, and can be packed with fresh fruit, dairy and whole grains.
Mix up your normal milk-and-cereal routine, and get the breakfast party poppin’!
Milk & Cereal Breakfast Popsicles
- 10 minutes
- 8 hours
- 6 popsicles
- 1 large banana (or 2 small)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberry milk (regular or lactose-free)
- 1/2 cup dry cereal
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the banana on medium until mashed and smooth (approximately 1 minute).
- Slowly add in yogurt and milk. Continue mixing until blended. Add the cereal and stir by hand to avoid crushing it.
- Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze 8 hours until solid.
Notes: Use any combination of flavored milk and cereal. Chocolate milk with Cocoa Puffs or Captain Crunch, white milk with Cheerios, strawberry with Fruit Loops— the possibilities are endless! Yield will vary according to size of popsicle molds.