This easy, on-the-go breakfast is just what you need on busy mornings! Protein-packed Greek yogurt is the base for these delicious Lemon Yogurt Parfaits with Blueberries and Honey-Glazed Walnuts and I dressed them up with a little bit of fresh lemon flavor and a touch of honey.
The honey adds the perfect amount of sweetness to balance out the tangy, citrus-infused yogurt, and a handful of fresh blueberries add a serving of fruit to this tasty breakfast.
I like to have a lot of different textures in my food, so I made some amazing honey-glazed walnuts to sprinkle on top of the parfait. Crunchy walnuts, creamy yogurt, and juicy blueberries come together to create a flavorful parfait that will fuel you all throughout the morning.
You can make these parfaits ahead to plan ahead for busy mornings, and just store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat. This quick breakfast idea is something the whole family will enjoy!
Lemon Yogurt Parfaits with Blueberries and Honey-Glazed Walnuts
- 4 servings
- 1 cup walnuts, shelled
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, mix the walnuts and 1/4 cup honey until the walnuts are evenly coated. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and spread the walnuts out on the baking sheet. The walnuts will want to stick together, so use two spoons to help separate them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the walnuts for 5-8 minutes until fragrant and toasted. Remove the glazed walnuts from the baking sheet and onto a piece of parchment paper to cool completely. The walnuts will still be sticky when they first come out of the oven, but, as they cool, the glaze will harden. Once cooled, break the walnuts into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, mix the Greek yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey in a medium bowl. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the yogurt mixture into 4 containers and top with 1/4 cup of blueberries in each container. Repeat with the remaining yogurt and blueberries, then finish each parfait with 1/4 cup of the cooled glazed walnuts sprinkled on top. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.