Spread the cheesy love with this Hot Ham and Swiss Dip. Layers of gooey Swiss cheese melted with tender ham make this the perfect appetizer for fall tailgate parties or cookouts.
Here are three reasons to love this recipe even more:
- Ohio is the number one Swiss cheese producing state in the nation! Milk from some of Ohio’s nearly 2,600 dairy farms is used to make cheese, including Swiss.
- Cheese is the second greatest of calcium for Americans. It can provide calcium for people who don’t meet daily recommendations and risk poor bone health, and it can help fill the protein gap.
- Experts recommend enjoying three servings of low fat or fat-free milk, cheese or yogurt every day. A serving of cheese is equal to 1 1/2 ounces of natural cheese, like the Swiss used in this dip.
Hot Ham & Swiss Dip
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups fully cooked ham, diced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Optional garnish: 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, ham, dijon mustard, and 1 3/4 cup of the Swiss cheese.
- Stir until fully combined and spread into the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish or pie plate.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of Swiss cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped chives, if desired.
Note: Serve with slices of toasted bread or fresh vegetables for dipping.