These Honey Brie Bites and Candied Walnuts are delectable one-biters that couple soft brie with crunchy, sweet walnuts to create the perfect combination.
Channel your inner cheese connoisseur and pair this brie-based appetizer or dessert with medium red wines, like a merlot, or soft white wines, such as a chardonnay.
Although it makes a great partner in crime, brie can be a standalone appetizer, too. When serving brie, take it out of the refrigerator 30-45 minutes before indulging to ensure its full flavor and texture.
As you can see from this recipe, you also cannot go wrong with baked brie. It is melty, creamy and always a crowd-pleaser. Also, if and when your guests put your cheese knowledge to the test: Yes, brie’s rind is edible!
Honey Brie Bites with Candied Walnuts
- 18 squares
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed and cold 8 ounce wheel of Brie 1/2 cup honey 1 cup candied walnuts 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- On a floured work surface, roll out each sheet of puff pastry. Cut along the seams to form three long rectangles. Then cut each rectangle into three squares. (9 squares per sheet)
- Slice Brie into 18 small wedges. On each puff pastry square place a wedge of brie, about 1/2 teaspoon of honey, and a sprinkle of chopped candied walnuts.
- Fold the pastry over the brie to form a rectangle or triangle. Use a fork to crimp the edges. Then pierce the top of the pastry with the fork to vent.
- In a small bowl beat the egg and brush the tops of each puff pastry. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. After baking drizzle with honey and finely chopped candied walnuts if desired. Best served warm.