Know a special someone who deserves breakfast in bed? These Greek Yogurt Baked Doughnut Parfaits with Fresh Berries come together lickety-split!
Greek yogurt baked doughnuts are not only healthier but also are packed full of protein and calcium to keep everyone’s energy levels up! Plus, they are easy to assemble. Place a baked doughnut into a parfait glass, followed by fresh berries and more Greek yogurt. Repeat step one, and top with a dollop of yogurt. A breakfast that tastes as good as it looks is easier than you may think!
Garnish with honey and ooooooooh and aaaahhhhhh with delight. These sweet parfaits are the perfect way to start the day and are sure to bring smiles all around! Perfect for Mother’s Day brunch or to serve for a patriotic Memorial Day, Labor Day or Fourth of July breakfast.
Greek Yogurt Baked Doughnut Parfaits with Fresh Berries
- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 6 parfaits
For the doughnuts:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted, cooled slightly)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the garnishes:
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh strawberries sliced in-half, garnish
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the egg, whole milk, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Whisk until combined. Next, in the thirds, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Spray a doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the batter into each doughnut hole, filling about 3/4 of the way up. Place the pan into the oven and bake for about 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and place baked doughnuts onto a wire rack to cool. Repeat process with remaining six doughnuts.
- Once all the doughnuts have cooled, take a parfait glass. Preferably one that will allow for a whole baked doughnut to fit inside the glass. Place one baked doughnut into the bottom of a parfait. Next, add about 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt on top followed by a mixture of berries. Add another baked doughnut and another 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt on top followed by more berries and a drizzle of honey. Repeat process until all parfait glasses have been filled. Serve immediately.
This recipe also appears on Climbing Grier Mountain.