Who doesn’t love a thick slice of juicy watermelon on a hot summer day? When I was in charge of dessert for a family get-together, I knew that these Fresh Fruit and Yogurt Cupcakes would be a hit with adults and kids alike! They’re only five ingredients, easy to prep ahead and are a healthier, refreshing treat.
I like to scoop the frozen yogurt ahead of time and freeze it on a baking sheet. When it’s time to serve, I just place the frozen scoops on top of thick slices of watermelon. Top with fresh whipped cream and chocolate, and don’t forget the cherry on top!
Fresh Fruit & Yogurt Cupcakes
- 15 minutes
- 12 slices
- Watermelon (small/medium)
- Frozen yogurt or ice cream (12 small scoops)
- Chocolate ice cream topping
- Whipped cream
- Slice watermelon into thick rounds.
- Use a cookie cutter, biscuit cutter, or small glass to cut watermelon into circles. Place into cupcake wrappers.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt, chocolate topping, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Notes: I used homemade Magic Shell ice cream topping. You can use store-bought, homemade or traditional hot fudge topping. Double or triple paper cupcake wrappers if they are not lined with wax to help prevent watermelon juice from dripping through the bottom. You can scoop the frozen yogurt or ice cream ahead of time and freeze it on a flat baking sheet, plate, or platter. This makes it easy to serve a crowd quickly.