What is better than a steaming mug of eggnog on a cold winter’s night? Warm eggnog, mixed with frothy milk, white chocolate, and dusted with fresh ground nutmeg! Our family and friends love eggnog, and this Eggnog Hot Chocolate makes any gathering special. You can even double the recipe and make in the slow cooker for a crowd, or to have ready for when the kids come in to warm up. Top with frothed milk or whipped cream for an extra-special treat!
I used white chocolate, but you can use milk chocolate, too! Leave this out for Santa with some cookies, and he will always look forward to coming to your house.
Eggnog Hot Chocolate
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 cup milk (or swap for heavy cream or half and half)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Whipped cream or frothed milk for topping (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, stir together eggnog, milk, vanilla and chopped white chocolate. Over medium heat cook, stirring occasionally, until the white chocolate melts and the drink comes to a simmer. Do not let it come to a boil.
- Continue to stir to ensure all of the white chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with fresh ground nutmeg, whipped cream, or frothed milk.
Notes: Milk chocolate may be substituted for white chocolate. This can be doubled and prepared in a slow cooker. Cook on High at least 2 hours or until hot. Before serving, stir mixture again with wire whisk. Reduce heat setting to Low. Stir occasionally as necessary.