Stuffed cookies are enjoying a surge in popularity! Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies are thick, soft cookies with a sweet cheesecake filling, topped with cream cheese drizzle and tart cherries.
The best filling is, of course, cheesecake! This is a graham cracker cookie base with graham cracker crumbs baked into the dough, as well as coated on the outside before going into the oven.
These cookies are delicious enough to enjoy without icing. Still, you can dress them up with your favorite cheesecake toppings, like cherry or blueberry.
Fill your cookie jar with my other cookie recipes: Vanilla Ricotta Cookies, Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles, Ice Cream Kolacky and Peppermint Bark Cookies & Cream Bars!
Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies
- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 8 cookies
Cheesecake Filling and Drizzle:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, divided (reserve 1/2 cup)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cherry pie filling
For the Filling:
- Using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Chill in the refrigerator while preparing the cookie dough.
For the Graham Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of your mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, one cup graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the mixer and continue to mix until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough will be stiff but not sticky.
- Separate dough into eight portions. Each cookie will be about 1/3 cup of cookie dough, or 85 grams if weighed.
- For each cookie, separate the dough in half again. Roll and flatten each dough ball into a disk.
- Scoop 1/2-1 teaspoon of cheesecake filling onto a cookie dough disk. Gently fold another cookie dough disk over the filling. Pinch the seams closed.
- Using your hands, gently tuck in any excess dough and shape it into a ball. Roll in graham cracker crumbs, flatten slightly and place onto a prepared cookie sheet (4 per sheet).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet after baking for 5 minutes until cool enough to transfer to a wire rack.
- Before serving, drizzle with cream cheese filling and top with cherry pie filling if desired.
- If using salted butter, you can omit the salt in the recipe.
- Use full-fat cream cheese for the best results.
- How to store: Due to the cream cheese being baked into the cookie, these cookies can be stored in an air-tight container on the countertop for up to five days. However, refrigeration is suggested once the cookies are frosted with cream cheese drizzle.
this seems a lot for just 8 cookies? Can the recipe be doubled or cookies made smaller?
Hello, great question! Yes, this recipe can be doubled – just make sure to bake the cookies in two batches!
-Tristen, ADA Mideast Communciations Specialist