Pass the Cheese, Please!
by Tracy Enslen
Not only is Ohio the number one producer of Swiss cheese in the nation, but it also ranks 10th for overall cheese production.
Here are just a few of Ohio’s numerous award-winning cheese makers:
- Pearl Valley Cheese – The four generation, family owned business won a Gold Medal at the 2014 World Championship Cheese Contest in the rindless Swiss Cheese class
- Guggisberg Cheese Factory – Crafted the 2014 Grand Champion Swiss Cheese at the Ohio State Fair and U.S. Cheese Championship
- Blue Jacket Dairy – Family owned and operated farm and creamery that specializes in artisan cheeses
- Heini’s Cheese Chalet – Home to over 70 varieties of cheese
- Steiner Dairy – The oldest cheese factory in the United States at over 180 years old
Whether melted over steamy pasta, dripped from an indulgent dessert or paired with a robust wine, there is a cheese for everyone.
In fact, there are more than 300 varieties of American-made cow’s milk cheeses to choose from!
Let your heart run wild with recipes from our Pass the Cheese, Please! Pinterest board that reflects your own love for cheese.