Adding milk to your meals is an easy and delicious way to get the nine essential nutrients your body needs, like calcium, potassium and vitamin D. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends eating three servings of dairy a day to improve your overall diet, get more nutrients and improve bone health. Read on for clever ways to enjoy dairy foods all day long.
- Skip the water, and make your oatmeal with milk for a creamier, dreamier breakfast that’s high in calcium. Prep Overnight Triple Berry Oatmeal with real milk for a nutritious breakfast.
- Milk can make scrambled eggs fluffier, especially in deliciously eggy recipes like Spinach & Cheese Frittata and Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole!
Lunch & Dinner
- Ditch the water, and add milk to condensed soups for a fresh, filling taste that’s nutrient-rich! Try our Broccoli Cheese Soup or Cheeseburger Soup — they’re both made with real milk!
- Take your boxed cake mix to the next level by replacing water with milk to give it a homemade taste, like in this Strawberry Milkshake Poke Cake! The milk adds moisture, flavor and a full serving of dairy to make your guilty pleasure a little less guilty.
Drinks on the Go
- All smoothies are made with at least one liquid, so why not make yours with milk? Every splash of milk has nine essential nutrients, including 8 grams of protein. Try a Mango Ginger Power Smoothie or Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie, made with milk!
- Add steamed milk to your coffee for a morning latte or add milk, cinnamon, star anise and nutmeg to your black tea for a chai latte! Check out this coffee cheat sheet to find all of the different coffee beverages that are made with milk!
- Get a full serving of dairy by making your hot cocoa with milk instead of water! Explore this hot cocoa guide to find new hot cocoa recipes.