8 Recipes Every Cheese Lover Needs
by Allison Ryan
Swiss cheese is kind of big deal in Ohio. Ohio is the number one producer of Swiss cheese in the whole nation and have 2,600+ dairy farms that provide milk to make delicious dairy foods (like cheese)!
I picked out eight cheesy recipes from our favorite food bloggers that are sure to make you “say cheese” all day long.
- Hot Bruschetta Dip. This creamy dip by Lemons For Lulu is made for the ultimate cheese lover! Made with a gooey combination of Parmesan, mozzarella and cream cheese, it’s sure to warm you up when the weather cools down. Be the MVP at your next party when you bring along this easy-to-make appetizer!
- White Wine Swiss Fondue. Intimidated by the thought of making a fancy fondue? In Katrina’s Kitchen to the rescue! Made with Ohio’s favorite, Swiss cheese, this delicious fondue is made with just a few simple ingredients and is simply mouth-watering.
- Cheese Platter 101. The holidays are stressful, but, thanks to Eat2Gather, the cheese plate doesn’t have to be! It is as simple as keeping the cheeses you love in your refrigerator and then getting creative with pairings. You’ll feel the weight of preparing appetizers lifted off your shoulders after reading these easy cheese platter tips.
- Asparagus Grilled Cheese. Have a picky eater at home? Jelly Toast has the solution! This cheesy sandwich is the perfect way to sneak in a serving of veggies, plus the high-quality protein, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin A found in cheese.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup. Getting three servings of dairy each day is easy with this soup by Inside Bru Crew Life. Packed with cheddar and veggies, this is the perfect fall dinner, and the leftovers are great for lunch the next day!
- Chipotle Bacon Cheese Ball. With a spicy take on a classic, Garnish With Lemon has hit the ball out of the park. If it doesn’t get gobbled up the first time around (no promises), this dip can be frozen and reshaped to use as a quick appetizer at your next gathering.
- Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Casserole. This make-ahead meal from Loves Grows Wild is perfect for beating the morning rush. Prep it in the evening, then throw it in the oven when you wake up! Its cheesy goodness will keep your family full and energized all day long.
- Cheesy Mushroom Puff Pastry Bites. Cheese blends perfectly with mushrooms to create these bites from Well-Plated. Loaded with melted cheese, caramelized onion and flakey pastry, I dare you to try and eat just one!
Which recipe will you make first?